St. Vincent DePaul Society
Christ the King's St. Vincent DePaul Society is the primary arm of our Parish’s ministry to those seeking food, clothing, and other types of emergency assistance. CK's SVdP Society is comprised of some 20 parishioners who work behind the scenes to help those in need on a confidential basis. Their services include:
- Maintaining a food pantry in the Gleeson Center.
- Conducting a fall Clothing Drive that provides clothing for the PADs homeless shelter and SVdP thrift stores.
- Coordinating more than 40 volunteers for the PADs homeless shelter who distribute clothing and serve meals to shelter guests each week.
- Arranging shopping trips for the women residents of St. Martin de Porres House of Hope recovery home.
- Serving monthly chicken dinners to residents and guests at Su Casa Catholic Worker House.
- Holding an annual Food Drive in December, which provides food to neighboring shelters, senior centers, and food pantries.
- Helping obtain furniture, paying utility and repair bills, and providing grocery cards and transit cards for individuals and families in need.
- Donating to disaster relief efforts.
For more information, please contact the rectory at 773-238-4877.